- Lansing, MI 48917801 S. WaverlySuite 200
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Finding the right hospice can be challenging, especially when facing urgent medical concerns. Talk with your family, your doctor and others you trust. If you have questions, call us to talk about options. We're here to help you with well-informed decisions.
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Respite care for family caregivers
- We Honor Veterans partner benefits
- Physical therapy and other therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing facility or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that the services of nurses, the cost of medications, and necessary supplies and equipment are all covered by Medicare when there is a diagnosis that requires hospice care.
Palliative care helps people with serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It is an extra layer of support for patients and their families.
Care begins with clear conversations about your immediate needs and priorities moving forward. Palliative care is appropriate at any stage of illness, with patients moving in and out of care as needed.
- Managing pain and other complex symptoms
- Ensuring your goals and values are respected by care providers
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Reducing anxiety, fatigue or sleep problems
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations