- Muncie, IN 473043530 West Fox Ridge Lane
- Office Hours
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Blackford, Carroll, Clinton, Delaware, Fayette, Grant, Henry, Howard, Jay, Madison, Randolph, Tipton, Union, Wayne
Exceptional hospice care begins with understanding your needs and values. We're here to listen and offer care that provides peace and comfort to you and your family. Call us with questions for simply to talk about your hospice option.
- 24/7 access to care
- Medical equipment, medicines and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your priorities
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Medical social services and volunteer services
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care and support
- Pre-bereavement and ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
Care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
An example of our care is precision pain management. People deal with pain differently. We listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and at the right time.
Care is coordinated with your doctor and includes:
- Expertise in managing pain and other symptoms to your goals
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite or constipation
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services for the entire family
Hospice Director of Clinical Services
Business Office Coordinator
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
- Medical school: Kabul Medical School
- Residency: Family Medicine; Ball Memorial Hospital
- Residency: General Surgery; GC Morton Cancer Research Hospital
- Family medicine
- American Health Network (Group Practice)
- Hospice Medical Director
- Geriatric Care (Medical Director of several local nursing homes)
- 1996 to present
- Ball Memorial Hospital
- 1995 to 2005
- Private Practice
- 1988 to 1995
- Medical residency
- Primary care physician at Afghan refugee camp in Pakistan
- 1980 to 1981
Certified medical director for long-term care facilities.
Memberships: American Medical Director Association (AMDA), American Academy of Family Practice (AAFP), and Indiana Medical Association (IMA).
Privileges at IU Ball Memorial Hospital
Associate Medical Director
Jeffery B. Hiltz, M.D., works in the Muncie and Fort Wayne, Indiana area and specializes in family medicine. Dr. Hiltz is affiliated with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital.