- Auburn, AL 36830665 Opelika RoadSuite 200
Chambers, Lee, Macon, Randolph, Russell, Tallapoosa
We provide personalized care tailored to your needs and values. If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us for comfort care that enables you and your family to focus on the time you have together.
- Visits from our hospice team, based on your needs and care plan
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Inpatient care available at Auburn Bethany House
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress a of serious illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure. A majority of patients receive palliative care experience less intensive treatments, fewer hospitalizations, better management of symptoms and improved quality of life.
- Managing pain and complex symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Director of Clinical Services
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book are simple acts that offer comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining hospice volunteers helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
- Volunteer requirements and training.
Dr. Abrams is affiliated with East Alabama Medical Center.
Experience: 19 years in practice
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Adolescent Medicine
Education & Training: Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine; Graduated 1997
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Johnson graduated from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1999. He works in Opelika, AL and specializes in Hematology/Oncology. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with East Alabama Medical Center.
Experience: 17 years in practice
Education & Training: Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine; Graduated 1999
Phoebe Smith, hospice care consultant in Auburn, has been inducted Into Compassus Presidents’ Circle for Increasing patient access to quality hospice care.
- Tuesday, May 21st, 2019
AUBURN, Ala.– Jody Kirkley and Phoebe Smith, hospice care consultants for the Compassus program serving Auburn and the surrounding areas, were honored for ...
- Wednesday, March 14th, 2018