- Round Rock, TX 786641717 N. IH35Suite 130
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We understand that choosing hospice care can be difficult. Talk with your family, your doctors and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Visits by our hospice team, including skilled nurse, physician, social worker, chaplain, dietician, volunteers, and bereavement counselor
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment
- Inpatient acute care – for treatment of pain and/or symptoms that fail to yield to home care management
- Respite (relief) care for family caregivers
- Continuous care when needed
- Pre-bereavement care and bereavement care
- We Honor Veterans, level 1 certification
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Quan Dang, MD is the Associate Medical Director of Compassus in Austin, Texas.
Dr Dang works for the Palliative Medicine Consult Service for Seton Healthcare and the Palliative Medicine Clinic in the Cancer Care Collaborative in Austin, Texas.
He graduated from Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport LA. His internship and residency were at Earl K. Long Hospital in Baton Rouge. Dr. Dang is certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine.
He has been with Compassus as Associate Medical Director since 2011. He has worked with the terminally in Central Texas in both the acute and post-acute setting for many years before. He has a true passion hospice and palliative care, and servicing those in need in Central Texas.
Dr. Louis J. Lux, MD is Medical Director of Hospice Compassus in Austin, Texas, and a member of the Hospice Compassus National Medical Directors Advisory Council.
He graduated Magna cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in the Plan II Liberal Arts Honors Program at the University of Texas at Austin. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Florida Associated Hospitals. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Dr. Lux works for the Palliative Medicine Consult Service for Seton Healthcare and the Palliative Medicine Clinic in the Cancer Care Collaborative in Austin, Texas. He is clerkship director for internal medicine and assistant professor for palliative medicine at Texas A&M College of Medicine. Dr. Lux is the recipient of the 2013 Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award from the Arnold P. Gold Foundation, the 2012 R. Sean Morrison, M.D. Award for Outstanding Achievement in Hospice Physician Leadership, and the Frist Humanitarian Award from St. Davids Round Rock Medical Center in 2009.