- Galesburg, IL 61401755 N. Henderson Street
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Everyone we serve has a unique story. It's our mission to ensure each of those stories concludes with dignity and comfort. If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us to learn how hospice enables your family to focus on the time you have together.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medication and personal care supplies
- Medical equipement, including hospital beds
- Pain and symptom control centered on patient and family goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Bereavement grief counseling
- Spiritual care and support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Call us toll-free at 833-299-1525
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections, specifically MRSA and vancomycin-resistant strains of S. aureus, and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003. Having a passion for health care, she began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She had the privilege of being on the front lines with physicians, focusing on the frailest of the elderly population and seeing them regain their independence by way of an injectable medication. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on the needs of her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and providing care for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012, rejoining the industry by way of medical equipment. Through this role she discovered hospice. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member, as through this experience, she discovered that her heart was truly with hospice. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help other families like hers experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Carrier specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Galesburg, IL.
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2007
Dr. Strauch specializes in Geriatric Medicine and practices in Galesburg, IL. He is board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, and Internal Medicine
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 1979
- Internship: Spectrum Health – Butterworth Hospital, 1980
- Residency: Spectrum Health – Butterworth Hospital, 1982
The Compassus program serving Galesburg and the surrounding areas is proud to recognize Mary Jo Moore and all hospice volunteers during National Volunteer...
- Thursday, April 12th, 2018