- Auburn, AL 36830665 Opelika RoadSuite 200
Chambers, Lee, Macon, Randolph, Russell, Tallapoosa
We offer personalized care tailored to your needs and values. If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us for comfort care that enables you and your family to focus on the time you have together.
- Visits from our hospice team, based on your needs and care plan
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Inpatient care available at Auburn Bethany House
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care offers relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. It helps you enjoy the best quality of life possible by understanding and honoring your medical and emotional needs.
- Managing pain and complex symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Palliative care does not signal you are giving up hope for recovery. Support can begin at any stage of an illness, with patients moving in and out of care as needed.
Director of Clinical Services
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Johnson graduated from the University of Alabama School of Medicine in 1999. He works in Opelika, AL and specializes in Hematology/Oncology. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with East Alabama Medical Center.
Experience: 17 years in practice
Education & Training: Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine
Dr. Abrams is affiliated with East Alabama Medical Center.
Experience: 19 years in practice
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Adolescent Medicine
Education & Training: Medical School: University of Alabama School of Medicine; Graduated 1997