- Fort Washington, PA 19034601 Office Center DriveSuite 125
Primary Services:Hospice Care
If someone you love has a serious illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us to learn how hospice care brings comfort by reducing the pain and anxiety that may come with a life-limiting illness.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered on patient and family goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Spiritual care and support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Larry Doroshow, DO, RPh, is a staff physician at Roxborough Memorial Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he previously served as medical staff president. He is a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Family Medicine at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He also serves as president and medical director at General Practice Associates in Philadelphia.
He is a member of numerous osteopathic organizations, including the American Osteopathic Association, Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association, American College of Osteopathic Family Practice Society and Twenty-First Ward Medical Society. He is also a Board of Managers member at the YMCA of Philadelphia, Roxborough Branch and is Chairman of the Board at Ben Franklin Physicians, I.P.A. He also sits on the Compassus Medical Director Advisory Council.
Dr. Doroshow is certified by the American Board of Osteopathic Family Practitioners and American Board of Osteopathic Specialists of the American Osteopathic Association in hospice and palliative care. In 2004, he received the American Heart Association Heart Saver Award.
He received his undergraduate degree from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science and medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at Suburban General Hospital in Norristown, Pennsylvania.
Latanya Goldsmith-Capps Receives National Recognition for Delivery of Superior Hospice Care during National Nursing Assistants Week.
- Friday, June 15th, 2018
- Fort Washington / Philadelphia