- Metairie, LA 700012450 Severn AvenueSuite 315
Our promise is to be a trusted caregiver so you and your family can focus on important moments together. Call us if you have questions about hospice or palliative care. We're here to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptoms management centered on your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Top-level We Honor Veterans program ranking
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Medical social services
- Hospice aides for personal care and light homemaking
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
An example of care is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
Palliative care may begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Whether serving behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with a family, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping others navigate life's closing chapter.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.