- Metairie, LA 700012450 Severn AvenueSuite 315
Our promise is to be a trusted caregiver so you and your family can focus on the time you have together. Call us if you have questions about hospice or palliative care. We're here to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptoms management centered on your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Top-level We Honor Veterans program ranking
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Medical social services
- Hospice aides for personal care and light homemaking
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness. An example of care is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Hospice Area Market Executive
Hospice Director of Clinical Services
Palliative Care Coordinator
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Medical Director- Hospice
Graduate of LSU School of Medicine, trained at Baystate Medical Center and Ochsner Medical Center leading to her practice as a Pulmonologist for over 30 years, serving the patients on the West bank of New Orleans. Dr. LaNasa is Board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease and has served in several Medical Leadership roles within our community hospitals. She currently leads the hospice team as Medical Director of the Compassus New Orleans Program, with direct oversight of the South shore office located in Metairie. Her expert knowledge and vast patient care experience; along with her compassionate and caring demeanor, provides the medical leadership to support the needs of our New Orleans community.
Medical Director- Palliative Care
Graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine, trained at Baylor University, Ochsner Medical Center, and the University of Utah prior to joining East Jefferson General Hospital as a pulmonologist for over 30 years. Dr. Smith has obtained Board certification in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, and in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. He currently serves as East Jefferson’s Medical Director of Inpatient Palliative Care and Compassus’ Medical Director of their Community Based Palliative Program. His expert knowledge, compassionate demeanor, and vast experiences in patient care provide the medical leadership necessary to support the needs of our community.