- Pittsburg, KS 66762200 East CentennialSuite 9
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We recognize that every life is to be cherished. That's why our care focuses on the person, rather than the disease. If you have questions, call us 24/7 or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- Pain and symptom management
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- 24/7 access to care
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Bereavement grief support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Managing Clinical Director
Debra Herndon, is Managing Clinical Director for 5 hospice locations in MO and KS. She is Graduate of the University of Arkansas. Debra has worked for Hospice Compassus since 2003. She has worked at Cox Health Systems, in clinical education for 20 years and has worked for St. Jude’s Research Hospital prior to hospice. She is the former nurse manager/ultrasound tech with Options Pregnancy Clinic in Branson, MO.
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Dr. John Alden DO, is Board certified in Family Practice and Hospice Palliative Care, he graduated 1986 from Midwestern University/ Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine; Dr. Alden practices Family Medicine at the Med One Clinic, Barton County Hospital in Lamar Missouri. Dr. Alden is Medical Director for three Hospice Compassus locations- Joplin, and Lamar in Missouri and Hospice Compassus in Pittsburg KS. He has worked as Medical Director since 2009.