- Pittsburg, KS 66762200 East CentennialSuite 9
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We recognize that every life is to be cherished. That's why our care focuses on the person, rather than the disease. If you have questions, call us 24/7 or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- 24/7 access to care
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Director of Clinical Services
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Dr. John Alden DO, is Board certified in Family Practice and Hospice Palliative Care, he graduated 1986 from Midwestern University/ Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine; Dr. Alden practices Family Medicine at the Med One Clinic, Barton County Hospital in Lamar Missouri. Dr. Alden is Medical Director for three Hospice Compassus locations- Joplin, and Lamar in Missouri and Hospice Compassus in Pittsburg KS. He has worked as Medical Director since 2009.