- 2000 W Pioneer Parkway
- Peoria, IL 61615 Directions
- 2000 W Pioneer Parkway
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Choosing hospice care can be a difficult and emotional decision. It’s a decision you don’t have to make alone. Talk with your family members, doctors and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Spiritual outreach
- Bereavement counseling
- Angel team vigil program
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections, specifically MRSA and vancomycin-resistant strains of S. aureus, and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003. Having a passion for health care, she began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She had the privilege of being on the front lines with physicians, focusing on the frailest of the elderly population and seeing them regain their independence by way of an injectable medication. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on the needs of her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and providing care for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012, rejoining the industry by way of medical equipment. Through this role she discovered hospice. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member, as through this experience, she discovered that her heart was truly with hospice. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help other families like hers experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Even the simple act of listening to a story or reading a favorite book can bring peace to those nearing the end of life. When you bring a heart to serve, our volunteer team will teach you to overcome challenges and embrace the life-changing rewards of hospice for families and for yourself.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinators will help you learn more.
Dr. Honan specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Pekin, IL. He is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- Medical School: Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, 1991
- Internship: Lutheran General Hospital University Chicago
- Residency: Lutheran General Hospital University Chicago
Dr. Rufus Jr. specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Peoria, IL.
- University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals
- Residency: University Hospitals and Clinics