Your comfort, safety and quality of life guide every step of our care. We start by listening. When we understand your needs and values, you receive a more personal level of support.
Care includes physical, practical, emotional and spiritual support for people and their families. Services from our team enable patients to have greater control over their lives, fewer unplanned hospital visits and more moments of joy with family and friends.
Our Medicare-approved support is provided through geographically assigned teams for faster response times. We're here for families from Cañon City, Avondale, Colorado City and many communities in between.
- 24/7 access to care is just a phone call away
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care
- Bereavement counseling and support groups
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care focuses on relieving the symptoms and stress of serious illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery. Studies show that people receiving palliative care experience fewer hospitalizations, better pain management and improved quality of life.
Ask your doctor if palliative care is right for you and your family. Our team can help you navigate the medical system to ensure care matches your preferences—now and in the future.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations