Hospice care is not about giving up, it's about letting others step in to help you live each day to the fullest. We enable patients and their families to maintain their independence and improve their quality of life.
Effective hospice care relies on the experience, skill and compassion of our nurses, therapists, aides and others. We carefully select and train caregivers to adhere to the highest standards in home health. Call us to learn more about our Medicare-certified services.
24-hour attention in a private room on the campus of St. Martin's in the Pines. Inpatient care is available for those unable to continue hospice at home.
Call us 24/7 at 205-635-3878
- Support from licensed hospice professionals
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Spiritual care and support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- We Honor Veterans top-level status
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a nursing facility, hospital or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care offers patients and their families an extra layer of relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. It is available at any stage of a serious illness and can be provided along with curative treatment.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations