- San Antonio, TX 782284242 Piedras Drive EastSuite 200
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, DeWitt, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Medina and Wilson
If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we know finding the right care can be challenging. Call us to talk about your options for comfort care.
- 24/7 access to care
- Home medical equipment, personal supplies and medications
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- We Honor Veterans top-level status
- Spiritual care and support
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Palliative care helps people feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
An example of our care is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen closely to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Medical social services and spiritual care
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Director of Clinical Services
Director of Sales
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Michelle Berry, D.O., has been with Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care since August 2015. Dr. Berry Studied at The University of Health Science College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri and she completed her internship and residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas and became board certified in family practice in 1993. Dr. Berry has been practicing in Boerne, Texas as a family practice physician for more than 25 years; she is also Board Certified in hospice and palliative medicine.
Palliative Care Medical Director
Associate Medical Director