- San Antonio, TX 782284242 Piedras Drive EastSuite 200
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, DeWitt, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Medina and Wilson
If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we know you're facing difficult and emotional decisions. Call us or use the contact form on this page for answers, information or just to talk about compassionate hospice care.
- Pain and symptom management centered on your goals
- Medical equipment, personal supplies and medications
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- 24/7 access to care
- Hospice aides to assist with the tasks of daily living
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Call us at 931-548-7586
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
An example is precise pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen closely to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Medical social services and spiritual care
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Director of Sales
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book are simple acts that offer comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining hospice volunteers helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
- Volunteer requirements and training.
Palliative Care Medical Director
Michelle Berry, D.O., has been with Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care since August 2015. Dr. Berry Studied at The University of Health Science College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri and she completed her internship and residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas and became board certified in family practice in 1993. Dr. Berry has been practicing in Boerne, Texas as a family practice physician for more than 25 years; she is also Board Certified in hospice and palliative medicine.
Associate Medical Director
Benjamin Getter, D.O., medical director for the Compassus program serving San Antonio, has been appointed to the company’s Medical Director Advisory Council...
- Wednesday, April 11th, 2018
- San Antonio