- 3809 S 2nd Street
- Austin, TX 78704 Directions
- 3809 S 2nd Street
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We know that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, your doctor, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us 24/7 or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Visits from our hospice team, including hospice-trained nurses (RNs), social worker, chaplain, nurse aides, dietitian, volunteers, and bereavement counselor
- Goals for care coordinated with you, your family and your doctor
- Medical equipment, medications and medical supplies
- Inpatient acute care for treatment of pain and other symptoms
- Respite (relief) care and continuous care when needed
- Broad range of therapy services
- We Honor Veterans, level 1 certification
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Dr. Matthew Benevich grew up in Indiana where he attended the University of Notre Dame, studying pre-professional studies and watching football while in the marching band. He stayed in Indiana for medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis. Seeking to try living in a different part of the country, he completed his residency in internal medicine in Houston at Baylor College of Medicine. Having experienced the wonders of Texas firsthand, he joined a hospitalist practice in Austin in 2005 and continues to work there today and is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Benevich has worked in hospice formally for Compassus since August of 2014 as Associate Medical Director and informally, long before that by helping to guide appropriate patients receptive to hospice services to that path. He recognizes an unmet need for hospice and palliative care in Central Texas and hopes to help extend these underused resources to more patients and families.
When not working, Dr. Benevich enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, as well as Notre Dame football, playing music, exercise, and overnight slow-cooked barbeque.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Quan Dang, MD is the Associate Medical Director of Compassus in Austin, Texas.
Dr Dang works for the Palliative Medicine Consult Service for Seton Healthcare and the Palliative Medicine Clinic in the Cancer Care Collaborative in Austin, Texas.
He graduated from Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport LA. His internship and residency were at Earl K. Long Hospital in Baton Rouge. Dr. Dang is certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine.
He has been with Compassus as Associate Medical Director since 2011. He has worked with the terminally in Central Texas in both the acute and post-acute setting for many years before. He has a true passion hospice and palliative care, and servicing those in need in Central Texas.
The Compassus program serving Austin and the surrounding areas is proud to recognize Delayne Johnson and all hospice volunteers during National Volunteer Wee...
- Wednesday, April 18th, 2018