Berks, Lebanon, Schuylkill
Your comfort and quality of life are at the center of our care. Our first step is listening. When we understand your needs and values, you receive a more personal level of support.
Effective hospice care relies on the experience, skill and compassion of staff. We carefully select and train caregivers to adhere to the highest standards in at-home health care.
- 24/7 access to licensed medical professionals
- Home medical equipment
- Medication and personal care supplies related to the hospice diagnosis
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- We Honor Veterans partner benefits
- Physical therapy, dietary counseling and other therapy services
- Grief support
Care is provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing facility or your personal residence.
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life for patients and their families. Care may begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. Palliative care does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
- Managing complex pain and other symptoms to your preferred level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations