- Allentown, PA 181067248 Tilghman StreetSuite 160
We understand that choosing hospice or palliative care can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, your doctor and others you trust. Call us for information or just to talk about your options for care.
- 24/7 access to care
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care and support
- Grief counseling and support groups
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Palliative care focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress a of serious illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure. A majority of patients receive palliative care experience less intensive treatments, fewer hospitalizations, better management of symptoms and improved quality of life.
- Managing pain and complex symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, constipation or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Benefits includes goals of care conversations and advance care planning to provide a road map for your health care decisions.
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Palliative Care Medical Director
Dr. Rohatgi works in Easton, Pennsylvania and specializes in General Surgery. Dr. Rohatgi is affiliated with Easton Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest and Pocono Medical Center.
Specialties: General Surgery
Medical School: Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, Up, India
Associate Medical Director
Bruce Miles, D.O., works in Easton, Pennsylvania and specializes in Family Medicine. He is affiliated with Easton Hospital.
Education and training
- Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Hospice Medical Director
Specialties: Family Practice
Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Medicine Residency: Geisinger Medical Center
Community Palliative Care Medical Director
Anthony Abbruzzi, D.O. is an internal medicine specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Education and training
- Medical School: Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency: Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
The Compassus hospice program serving Allentown has been awarded Community Health Accreditation Partner (CHAP) accreditation under the Hospice Standards of...
- Friday, May 24th, 2019
Jess Hertzog receives national recognition for delivery of superior hospice care during National Nursing Assistants Week.
- Friday, June 15th, 2018