Bergen, Essex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren
Hospice care is not about giving up, it’s about choosing how you want to live moving forward. It enables you to maintain your dignity and quality of life, even when facing a life-limiting illness.
Our Medicare-approved support includes practical, emotional and spiritual care in the familiar surroundings of home. Call us for care that enables you to focus on the time you have together.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care is an extra layer of support to help people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. Support includes
- Managing pain and other complex symptoms
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite and failure to thrive
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Reducing anxiety and depression
Patients and their families receive help navigating the medical system, spiritual support and bridging gaps in care. Patients may continue their existing curative treatments and move in and out of care as needed.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations