- Springfield, MO 658071341 West Battlefield RoadSuite 120
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Christian, Dade, Dallas, Greene, Lawrence, Polk and Webster
Every person and every family we serve has a unique story. That's why our hospice and palliative care support begins with listening and understanding your needs and values.
- 24/7 access to care
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your needs
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Home medical equipment, personal supplies and medications
- Certified nurses and hospice aides
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Physical, dietary and other therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- We Honor Veterans certification
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care offers relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness. It helps you enjoy the best quality of life possible by understanding and honoring your medical and emotional needs.
Palliative care does not signal you are giving up hope for recovery. Support can begin at any stage of an illness, with patients moving in and out of care as needed.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your preferred level
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Reducing the side effects of medication
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite or constipation
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services for the entire family
Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations
Hospice Director of Clinical Services
I've been with Compassus since 1999 in roles including, Case Manager, Call Team Nurse and Director of Clinical Services. I'm originally from Louisville, Nebraska. My family and I moved to Missouri in 1980 to be near relatives. I married Art Simmoneau five years ago and we have six sons, nine grandchildren, and six dogs. In our spare time, you'll find us on the motorcycle discovering new foods to sample and scenery to take in.
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with a BS in Psychology from NW Missouri State University and a MS in Counseling from SW Missouri State University. I've lived in the Springfield area for 35 years.
I started my hospice career with Hospice of SW Missouri, now known as Compassus, in 1989. I love my current role as Bereavement Coordinator. I am currently a Compassus volunteer and held a position as Counselor for many years. Prior to joining Compassus, I was in private practice and the Director of Admissions at a small hospital.
My wife, Jamie, has been an elementary school teacher for more than 25 years, helping children form a good foundation for future success. We're proud parents of two adult children, Karson, 22, and Kalli, 20. In my spare time I'm a world class powerlifter and advocate for investing in yourself for mental and physical health and longevity. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to meet, serve, and work with the people I do on a daily basis.
My hospice experience dates back to 1992 and I’ve worn many hats during my career. Prior to my current role as Bereavement Coordinator for Compassus, I was an Administrative Assistant, Volunteer Support Coordinator, Payroll Assistant, Community Services Coordinator and a Hospice Services Consultant. Before starting my hospice career, I was a stay-at-home mom.
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Executive Medical Director
Kevin Watt, D.O., received his medical degree from Kirksville, College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed a residency at Tulsa Regional Hospital. He is board certified in Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine and Hospice and Palliative care.
Dr. Watt is the Medical Director for several local long-term care facilities and for Compassus. He and Kristen, his wife of 29 years, have three children, Sarah, Zachary and Emily. In his spare time, Dr. Watt enjoys spending time with his grandchildren and hunting deer and quail.