- Macon, MO 635521701 A Prospect Drive
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Adair, Chariton, Knox, Linn, Livingston, Macon, Marion, Ralls, Randolph and Shelby
If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, you'll find comfort in our compassionate and professional care. Call us with questions or to learn how hospice gives your family the gift of time together.
- 24/7 access to care
- Pain and symptoms managed around your priorities
- Medical equipment, including hospital bed, chair, oxygen, and more
- Medicines and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Home health aides
- Top-level We Honor Veterans status
- Spiritual care and support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. McDowell specializes in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and practices in Macon, MO. He is board certified in Family Practice and Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine.
- Medical School: University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, 1991
- Residency: Truman Medical Center East
Missouri Hospice Care Consultants Amanda Bentlage, Jennifer Beshears, Jeanne Butts and Rachel Forker were inducted into the 2019 Compassus Presidents’ Circle.
Susan Bentley, team coordinator of the Compassus hospice program in Macon, Missouri, has been awarded the Carlos Burruel Compassus Core Values Award.
- Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
Jeanne Butts, hospice care consultant for the Compassus program serving Macon and the surrounding areas, was honored for her outstanding performance...
- Thursday, March 15th, 2018
MACON, Mo. – The Compassus hospice program serving Columbia, Jefferson City, Macon and Osage Beach was named Program of the Year at a recent awards ceremony...
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2017