- Macon, MO 635521701 A Prospect Drive
Primary Services:Hospice Care
If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, you'll find comfort in our compassionate and professional care. Call us with questions or to learn how hospice enables your family to focus on the time you have together.
- 24/7 on-call nursing, chaplain and social services
- Pain and symptom management centered on patient and family goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Home health aides
- We Honor Veterans; Level 4 certification
- Bereavement counseling
- Spiritual counseling
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Call us toll-free at 833-299-1525
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. McDowell specializes in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and practices in Macon, MO. He is board certified in Family Practice and Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine.
- Medical School: University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, 1991
- Residency: Truman Medical Center East
Jeanne Butts, hospice care consultant for the Compassus program serving Macon and the surrounding areas, was honored for her outstanding performance...
- Thursday, March 15th, 2018
MACON, Mo. – The Compassus hospice program serving Columbia, Jefferson City, Macon and Osage Beach was named Program of the Year at a recent awards ceremony...
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2017