- Colorado Springs, CO 809195475 Tech Center Drive,Suite 105
- 24/7 access to care
- Medical equipment, medications and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical, occupational and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Top-level We Honor Veterans certification
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
Care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
An example of our care is precision pain management. People deal with pain differently. We listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and at the right time.
Care is coordinated with your doctor and includes:
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your preferred level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite or constipation
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services for the entire family
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at our Colorado Springs office or work one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Daniel Ward, D.O., graduated from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1998. He works in Colorado Springs and specializes in internal medicine.
- Medical School: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine