El Paso, Teller, Pueblo, Douglas, Fremont
We enable people to live with dignity and as much independence as possible in the place they call home. Care includes physical, emotional and spiritual support for patients and families across the front range.
It's normal to have questions about care, especially if you’re facing urgent medical concerns. Clear conversations enable us to manage symptoms and offer support to meet your needs and values. Call us to learn about your options.
- 24/7 access to care from licensed professsionals
- Home medical equipment, medications and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical, occupational and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care
- Top-level We Honor Veterans certification
- Accreditation by Community Health Accreditation Program
Effective care relies on the experience, skill and compassion of our caregivers. We carefully select and train staff to adhere to the highest standards in at-home care. Support is provided wherever you call home, whether it be a nursing facility, hospital or your personal residence.
The Compassus hospice program serving Colorado Springs and Pueblo has ranked among the top four programs in the country and been named a Compassus Program of Distinction for its outstanding performance.
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness. Care may begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that someone is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at our Colorado Springs office or work one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.