El Paso, Teller, Pueblo, Douglas, Fremont
We enable people to live with dignity and as much independence as possible. Care includes physical, emotional and spiritual support for patients and families across the front range.
It's normal to have questions about care, especially if you’re facing urgent medical concerns. Clear conversations help us manage symptoms and offer support that meets your needs and values. Call us to learn about your options.
- 24/7 access to care
- Medical equipment, medications and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical, occupational and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Top-level We Honor Veterans certification
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness. Care may begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that someone is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
An example of our care is precision pain management. People deal with pain differently. We listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and at the right time.
Care is coordinated with your doctor and includes:
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your preferred level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite or constipation
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services for the entire family
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at our Colorado Springs office or work one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.