Palliative care can give your patients relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness and can improve quality of life. And a palliative care consult will encourage the goals of care conversations with patients and families.
For your patients, a palliative care consult is now available via telehealth.
A consult is appropriate for a patient with a serious or chronic illness who:
- Has experienced a functional decline and/or unexplained weight loss
- Has had 2 or more hospitalizations or ER visits within 3 months for management of symptoms
- Has treatment wishes that are not aligned with those of their family or caregiver
- Is considering a permanent feeding tube
- Patients with new or exacerbated illness and or multiple comorbidities.
- Is having uncontrolled or debilitating symptoms despite optimal medical management
- Patient Information: Demographic sheet, H&P, MD notes, recent lab values or test results, recent hospitalization reports and
- insurance information
- Physician order
- Completed referral form
- Zoom video technology via computer, smart phone or tablet
Note: If none of these technologies are available, a consult may be performed over the phone.
- Disease Co-management
- Medication Management
- Symptom Management
- Spiritual and
- Psychosocial Stress
- Advanced Care Planning or Goals of Care
Position palliative care as additional assistance for patients and families: “I would like to tell you about a program which could add an extra layer of support for you.
Contact one of our palliative care locations for options and information.