- Natchez, MS 39120300 Highland BlvdSuite G
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Our promise is to be a trusted caregiver so you and your family can focus on the time you have together. If you have questions, call us 24/7 or use the contact form on this page. We are here to help you make well-informed hospice decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Pain management centered on patient and family goals
- 24/7 local call nurses
- Spiritual care and support
- We Honor Veterans, level one certification
- Grief support and counseling
- Light housekeeping
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
I began my career in health care in 1983 as a Emergency Medical Technician and became a Paramedic. I was Paramedic Supervisor of a hospital based ambulance service until 1994. Upon completion of nursing school in 1994 I became a Registered Nurse and worked as a director of nursing for a nursing home until 2004 when I became a regional nurse consultant for the same company. I began my career in hospice in 2008 when I became executive director of Community Hospices of America, now Compassus. I oversee McComb, Natchez and Brookhaven Compassus programs.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Charles Borum, MD, is a family medicine doctor in Natchez, Mississippi, and is affiliated with Merit Health Natchez hospital. He also serves as medical director at Glenburney Nursing Home and Adams County Nursing Center.
He has maintained certification with the American Board of Family Medicine since 1986 and added qualifications in Hospice and Palliative Medicine in 2012.
He is a member of the Mississippi State Medical Association, the Homochitto Valley Medical Society, the Southern Medical Association, and the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.
He received his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University and medical degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine in Jackson, Mississippi. He completed his residency training in family practice in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, in connection with the Tulsa Medical College and the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine.
The Compassus program serving Natchez and the surrounding areas was recently named a 2018 Hospice Honors recipient by HEALTHCAREfirst, a provider of...
- Monday, April 30th, 2018