- Baton Rouge, LA 708066700 West Jefferson HighwayBuilding 1
Every family has unique needs and priorities. Your first step in finding the best hospice provider is having honest conversations about what matters most to you. If you or someone you love has a serious illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us to learn how our comfort care enables you to focus on the time you have together.
- 24/7 access to care
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Physical therapy, dietary counseling and other therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Ongoing bereavement support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better – physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of illness. Patients can continue curative treatments, and may move in and out of palliative care as the need arises.
- Managing pain and complex symptoms
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing nausea, loss of appetite and other symptoms
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
- Learn more about palliative care
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations