- Newtown Square, PA 190732 Campus Blvd.Suite 200
Improving quality of life for patients and their families is at the core of our care. If you or someone you love has a serious illness, our first step is listening. It's how we personalize care for your unique needs and priorities.
- Medical equipment, medications, and medical supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Visits by our hospice team, including hospice-trained nurses, hospice aides, social worker and chaplain.
- Physical therapy, dietary counseling and other therapy services
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Pre-bereavement and ongoing grief support
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that the services of nurses, the cost of medications, and necessary supplies and equipment are all covered by Medicare when there is a diagnosis that requires hospice care.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness. An example of care is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations