- Lancaster, PA 176012101 Oregon PikeSuite 301
- 24/7 access to care
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your priorities
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Top-level, We Honor Veterans status
- Spiritual care and support
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness. An example is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing pain and other symptoms to your desired level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person has given up hope for recovery or a cure.
Director of Clinical Services
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Owen Fox, D.O., is a geriatrician in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- Medical degree: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine