- Brookhaven, MS 39601120 West Cherokee Street
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We understand that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, your doctors and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment
- Respite care or inpatient acute care when needed
- Pain and symptom management centered on patient and family goals
- Light housekeeping
- Local call nurses
- Spiritual care and support
- Bereavement grief support
- We Honor Veterans Level-1 certification
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Call us toll-free at 833-299-1525
I began my career in health care in 1983 as a Emergency Medical Technician and became a Paramedic. I was Paramedic Supervisor of a hospital based ambulance service until 1994. Upon completion of nursing school in 1994 I became a Registered Nurse and worked as a director of nursing for a nursing home until 2004 when I became a regional nurse consultant for the same company. I began my hospice career in in 2008 when I became executive director of Community Hospices of America, now called Compassus.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Ray Montalvo, M.D. is board certified in internal medicine and a talented diagnostician specializing in the treatment of chronic diseases. He also specializes in hospice and palliative medicine.
- Medical School: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Dykes specializes in Nephrology and practices in Brookhaven, MS. He is board certified in Nephrology.
- Medical School: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, 1996
The Compassus program serving Brookhaven, Mississippi joins in recognizing November as National Hospice and Palliative Care Month to highlight the importance...
- Friday, November 9th, 2018
The Compassus program serving Brookhaven and the surrounding areas was recently named a 2018 Hospice Honors recipient by HEALTHCAREfirst, a provider of...
- Monday, April 30th, 2018