- Brookhaven, MS 39601120 West Cherokee Street
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We recognize that every life is to be cherished. That's why our hospice care focuses on your goals and priorities. We're here to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- 24/7 access to the care
- Medications, medical supplies, and equipment
- Pain and other symptoms managed to your priorities
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Care coordinated with your family
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care and support
- We Honor Veterans Level-1 certification
- Pre-bereavement ad ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
I began my career in health care in 1983 as a Emergency Medical Technician and became a Paramedic. I was Paramedic Supervisor of a hospital based ambulance service until 1994. Upon completion of nursing school in 1994 I became a Registered Nurse and worked as a director of nursing for a nursing home until 2004 when I became a regional nurse consultant for the same company. I began my hospice career in in 2008 when I became executive director of Community Hospices of America, now called Compassus.
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Associate Medical Director
Ray Montalvo, M.D. is board certified in internal medicine and a talented diagnostician specializing in the treatment of chronic diseases. He also specializes in hospice and palliative medicine.
- Medical School: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Dykes specializes in Nephrology and practices in Brookhaven, MS. He is board certified in Nephrology.
- Medical School: University of Mississippi School of Medicine, 1996
Our Mid-Mississippi program serving Brookhaven, McComb and Natchez has been named a 2019 Hospice Honors recipient by HEALTHCAREfirst,
The Compassus program serving Brookhaven, Mississippi joins in recognizing November as National Hospice and Palliative Care Month to highlight the importance...
- Friday, November 9th, 2018
The Compassus program serving Brookhaven and the surrounding areas was recently named a 2018 Hospice Honors recipient by HEALTHCAREfirst, a provider of...
- Monday, April 30th, 2018