Primary Services:Hospice Care
York, Cumberland (excluding far NE and NW portions)
Comfort care is not about giving up, it’s about choosing how you want to live moving forward. It enables you to live with dignity and the best quality of life possible, even when facing a life-limiting illness.
Our Medicare-approved support includes practical, emotional and spiritual care in the familiar surroundings of home. Call us to learn how hospice enables you to make the most of your time together.
- 24/7 access to care
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Physical therapy, dietary counseling and other therapy services
- Pastoral care and support
- Pre-bereavement and ongoing grief counseling
Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a nursing facility, assisted living or your personal residence.
Our Scarborough location has earned the distinguished title of Compassus Hospice Program of the Year. The Maine program outperformed its peers throughout the country in six Pillars of Success categories including regulatory compliance, culture, quality care, service excellence, expanding access to service and fiscal responsibility.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations