- Cedar Falls, IA 506137009 Nordic DrSuite 110
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Our promise is to be a trusted caregiver so you and your family can focus on the time you have together. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. We are here to help you make well-informed hospice decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Respite (relief) care for family caregivers
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence.
Tammy Kayser is the director of clinical services for Compassus – Cedar Falls. After graduating from the nursing program at Hawkeye Community College in Waterloo, Tammy began working in long-term care and discovered her passion for hospice. During this time, she educated patients and families about the importance of sharing their end-of-life preferences and wishes, something she is still very devoted to in her new role at Compassus.
Patricia Christy BSN RN CHPCA is the Executive Director for our Eastern Iowa Program overseeing operations in 28 counties in Eastern Iowa. Patricia is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Nursing where she earned her BSN in 1989. Previously she received her Diploma in Nursing through the Akron General Medical Center School of Nursing in 1974.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Dr. Matthew Ulven MD graduated with honors with his MD from the University of Iowa in 1989 after completing his undergraduate work at Morningside College is Souix City, Iowa. Dr. Ulven also has a Masters of Public Health from Saint Louis University in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Ulven is licensed in both Wisconsin and Iowa and is board certified in Family Medicine. He is a Family Practice Specialist in Waterloo, Iowa. Dr. Ulven has over 27 years of diverse medical practice experience and his professional passions are End of Life Care and preserving the Sanctity of Life.
The Compassus program serving Cedar Falls and the surrounding areas reminds community members to pause this Memorial Day to acknowledge the true meaning of...
- Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018
- Cedar Falls
The Compassus programs serving Eastern Iowa and the surrounding areas is proud to recognize Bill Kupersmith and all hospice volunteers during National...
The Compassus programs serving Eastern Iowa are now offering a specialized hospice program called Tapestries for patients with Alzheimer’s disease or other t...