Living Hope 2023 Packing Guide
The below packing guide is to help you prepare for 4 days of travel, 7 Days / 8 nights in Cape Town, with limited laundry facilities on site.*
You can donate any of your personal items to Living Hope by leaving your belongings at the end of the trip.
- Passport/travel documents
- Driver’s license
- Neck pillow
- Eye mask
- Compression socks
- Ink pen/pencil
- Device chargers
- Wired headphones for the in-seat television (headphones are often provided but not guaranteed)
- Book/tablet/magazines/self-entertainment items
- At least two changes of clothes (pants, shirt, undergarments, socks, etc.)
- Simple toiletries such as: Wet wipes, Deodorant, Feminine products and Toothbrush/paste
LUGGAGE PACKING LIST
The number of items you bring will depend on your personal habits. Jeans and hoodies are often able to be worn several times before washing.
- Layering items: When we talk about layering clothes, we are referring to wearing a short-sleeved shirt, under a long-sleeved shirt, under a hoodie, with a rain jacket at hand. If you are cold-natured, you will start your day with these items on. If you are hot natured, you will pare down how many layers you wear.
- Shoes: Appropriate shoes: Sneakers/tennis shoes are a great option for heavy walking days; however, the weather and terrain are often unpredictable, so a waterproof hiking shoe is a great option. If you purchase new shoes for the trip, it is imperative that you wear them and break them in before the trip. You will be walking about 5 miles a day.
- Shirts (short and long sleeved)
- Pants (no tight fighting leggings, joggers are great as they are loose and do not drag the ground)
- Compassus logo shirt-This will be sent to your home prior to the trip
- Rain jacket
- Swimsuit (unlikely to be used but you may have the opportunity to jump in the chilly ocean)
- Sleepwear (rooms will be quite cool at night)
- Hat/gloves, if desired for colder periods
- Toiletries: Soap, Shampoo/condition, Shaving supplies, Hair dryer/tools, Medication and Oral care products (toothpaste/brush, floss, etc.)
- Ancillary Items
- Outlet and voltage converter
*This will not be an issue next year. The Team House is booked for the next group – There will be laundry available.