Home health services enable you to live as independently as possible while recovery from an illness, surgery or managing a chronic condition. Your care plan balances medical and practical support so you can recover at home and reduce the risk of unplanned hospital visits.
- Are discharged from a hospital or nursing home but need transitional or additional care at home
- Need short-term skilled assistance at home after outpatient surgery
- Need assistance to live independently
- Require support care due to heart disease, diabetes or other disorders
Premier care may be as simple as friendly companionship for an elderly family member who lives alone or need help with everyday activities such as grocery shopping. It enables your loved one to be as independent as possible. It can also cover personal care, including assistance with bathing, dressing and meals.
Families put a high priority on finding caregivers they trust. Your health care team includes:
- You and your family
- Your doctor
- Physical therapists, speech therapists and occupational therapists
- Home health aides
- Social workers