Home health care enables you to live as independently as possible while recovering from illness, injury or surgery. It offers smooth transitions back home and visits from nurses and therapists who help you regain your strength and quality of life.
When prescribed by your doctor, home health visits are generally covered by Medicare, veterans benefits, long term care policies and some private insurance policies.
- Wound care
- Post-Operative Care
- Home infusion therapy
- Part-time or intermittent home health aides for personal care
- Catheter Placement and Care
- Colostomy and Ileostomy Management
- Cardiac and Respiratory Management
- Monitoring vital signs
- Pain management
- Monitoring of medical equipment
- Catheter care and education
- Laboratory Services
- Injectable osteoporosis drugs for women
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Balance and gait training to improve mobility
- Strengthening exercises
- Equipment needs evaluation
- Speech Therapy
- Dietary Counseling
Medical Social Services
- Short and- long-term care planning
- Assessment and evaluation with home situation, financial resources and community resources
- Patient and family education
You may hear the terms medical home health or skilled home health care interchangeably with personal care or companion care. They offer different services with different payment models.
We have developed and follow 16 evidence-based management programs covering the most frequently seen conditions. We work with you, your family and your doctor on a plan for coordinated care and education.
- Congestive heart failure
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Balance problems