Home health care enables you to live as independently as possible while recovering from illness, injury or surgery. It offers smooth transitions back home and visits from nurses and therapists who help you regain your strength and quality of life.
You may hear the terms home health care or skilled home health care interchangeably with personal care or companion care. Home health care is doctor-ordered support covered by Medicare and most insurance plans.
- Wound care
- Post-operative care
- Home infusion therapy
- Home health aides for personal care
- Catheter placement and care
- Colostomy and ileostomy management
- Cardiac and respiratory management
- Monitoring vital signs
- Pain management
- Monitoring of medical equipment and needs evaluation
- Nutritional consult
- Laboratory services
- Telehealth support options
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Balance and gait training to improve mobility
- Fall prevention
- Speech therapy
- Dietary counseling
Medical Social Services
- Short and- long-term care planning
- Assessment of home situation, financial resources and community resources
- Patient and family education
We have developed 16 evidence-based management programs covering the most frequently seen conditions. We work with you, your family and your doctor on a plan for coordinated care and education.
- Congestive heart failure
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Balance problems
Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance companies pay for physician-ordered home health services. Our staff will work with your insurance provider to help you understand coverage and benefits. We work hard to help you receive the care you need.