Primary Services:Hospice Care
Davis, Des Moines, Henry, Jefferson, Keokuk, Lee, Louisa, Mahaska, VanBuren, Wapello, Washington
Meaningful hospice care begins with understanding your needs and values. If you or someone you love has a serious illness, we're here to listen and provide a personal level of comfort care.
Our Medicare-approved support includes practical, emotional and spiritual care in the familiar surroundings of home. Call us to learn how hospice enables you and your family to share important moments together.
- 24/7 access to care
- Home medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Symptoms managed to your goals
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Hospice aides to help with the tasks of daily living
- Spiritual care
- Physical therapy and dietary counseling
- Grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Did you know that hospice is fully covered by Medicare? That’s right, you can rest assured that nursing services, medications, supplies and equipment are covered when there is a diagnosis requiring hospice care.
Each day, hospice volunteers touch the lives of our patients and their families. Whether reading to a patient, preparing a meal for a family or cleaning up around the house, each gesture makes a meaningful impact on those we serve.
Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at the office or one-on-one with families, you are a valuable member of our hospice team. All volunteers receive free training at a local office.
- Requirements for hospice and palliative care volunteers
- Hospice volunteer training
- Volunteer opportunities
- Our locations