When you bring a heart for compassionate service, our volunteer training teaches you how to apply your kindness. You'll develop meaningful working relationships with your fellow volunteers and our hospice team. Each day is a learning experience.
- The goals and philosophy of hospice care
- The responsibilities and duties of caring for patients and their families
- The physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death and dying
- Listening and communication skill
- Patient and family rights
- Family relationships
- Spiritual and cultural diversity
- Patient confidentiality
The first step in volunteering is ensuring we have a location near you.
Find a location and navigate to the location page. Click on the Volunteer link near the location name to get started.