When you bring a heart for compassionate service, our volunteer training teaches you how to apply your kindness. You'll develop meaningful working relationships with your fellow volunteers and our hospice team. Each day is a learning experience.
- The goals and philosophy of hospice care
- The responsibilities and duties of caring for patients and their families
- The physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death and dying
- Listening and communication skill
- Patient and family rights
- Family relationships
- Spiritual and cultural diversity
- Patient confidentiality
The first step in volunteering is ensuring we have a location within reasonable driving distance. Find a location and navigate to the landing page for that location. Click on the volunteer link near the location name to get started.
Quietly sitting with patients is sometimes all that's needed to offer comfort to patients.