When you bring a heart for compassionate service, our free volunteer training teaches you how to apply your kindness. You'll develop meaningful working relationships with your fellow volunteers and our hospice team. Every day and every visit is a learning experience.
- The goals and philosophy of hospice care
- The responsibilities and duties of caring for patients and their families
- The physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death and dying
- Listening and communication skill
- Patient and family rights
- Understanding boundaries
- Family relationships
- Understanding and respecting cultures, values and ways of life
- Patient confidentiality
The first step in volunteering is ensuring we have a location within reasonable driving distance. Find a location and navigate to the landing page for that location. Click on the volunteer link near the location name to get started.