- 4242 Piedras Drive East
- San Antonio, TX 78228 Directions
- 4242 Piedras Drive East
Primary Services:Hospice Care
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, DeWitt, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Medina and Wilson
We understand that choosing hospice care can be a difficult and emotional decision. Talk with your family, your doctors and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions.
- Doctor-directed pain and symptom management
- Hospice nurses on-call 24/7
- Medical equipment, supplies and medications
- Home health aide to assist with hands-on care
- Therapy services and dietary counseling
- Spiritual care and support
- Bereavement support
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Respite (relief) care for caregivers
- Options for inpatient care
Director of Clinical Services
Director of Sales
Melissa has more than 17 years of health care experience in not-for-profit organizations and hospice care. Working for both the American Cancer Society and the Alzheimer’s Association, Ms. Ortiz’s managed fundraising events for both agencies and patient and family education. Melissa works with the San Antonio team on sales, marketing, leadership and mentorship. In 2015, she earned a Master of Health Administration degree with a focus in Geriatrics.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Palliative Care Medical Director
Associate Medical Director - Palliative Care
Michelle Berry, D.O., has been with Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care since August 2015. Dr. Berry Studied at The University of Health Science College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri and she completed her internship and residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas and became board certified in family practice in 1993. Dr. Berry has been practicing in Boerne, Texas as a family practice physician for more than 25 years; she is also Board Certified in hospice and palliative medicine.
Associate Medical Director
Benjamin Getter, D.O., medical director for the Compassus program serving San Antonio, has been appointed to the company’s Medical Director Advisory Council...
- Wednesday, April 11th, 2018
- San Antonio