- Killeen, TX 765432210 E. Central Texas ExpresswayStes 104 & 105
Primary Services:Hospice Care
At Compassus, our mission is serving terminally ill patients and their families with compassion, integrity, and excellence. We are committed to keeping the hospice promise by offering exceptional comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most challenging moments.
- In-home visits by the hospice team, including hospice-trained nurses (RNs), physician, social worker, chaplain, hospice aides, dietitian, volunteers, and bereavement counselor.
- Medications, personal supplies, and Medical equipment
- Inpatient acute care for treatment of pain or other symptoms
- Respite for family caregivers
- Continuous care when needed
- Bereavement care
- Ancillary therapies provided for the relief of pain or other symptoms
- We Honor Veterans; level 1 certification
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Dr. Elizabeth W. Fomby has been with Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care since March 2016. Dr. Fomby Studied at the University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas and completed her Residency at the University of Missouri School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Fomby became Board Certified in Family Medicine in 1997 and practices as a Hospitalist at Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, Texas. Dr. Fomby is also involved in volunteering her time to many clinics, such as the Body of Christ Clinic and Martha’s Clinic, both of which are indigent healthcare clinics.
Dr. Alan Vaught has been with Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care since March 2016. Dr. Vaught Studied at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas and completed his Residency at Scott & White Memorial Hospital/Texas A&M College of Medicine in Temple, Texas. Dr. Vaught became Board Certified in Family Medicine in 2012 and practices as a Hospitalist at Seton Medical Center Harker Heights, Texas. Dr. Vaught also received awards for Resident of the Year from Scott & White Family Medicine Residency 2010 and Chief Resident for the Scott & White Family Medicine Residency 2011-2012.