- Dallas, TX 7524312001 North Central ExpresswaySuite 550
Primary Services:Hospice Care
When you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us to learn how hospice can bring peace and comfort to your family.
- 24/7 availability from licensed hospice professionals
- Medical equipment, such as wheelchairs or hospital beds
- Medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered on patient and family goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Spiritual care and support
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Grief and loss counseling for you and your family
- Dietary counseling
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Managing Clinical Director
Linda Cole is the Managing Clinical Director for the four Compassus Hospice offices in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. She has been with Compassus Hospice/Covenant Care for a year. She comes to Compassus with a wealth of experience. She has been practicing hospice for greater than 35 years here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. She is responsible for clinical oversite of the four offices, provides up to date education to staff, assists directors with trouble shooting difficult situations, acting Executive Director when the ED is out, and steps into open positions if needed. She also assists with marketing and speaking engagements.
Mark is a 20-year Texan and has spent 19 of those years in the healthcare field in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. He began his healthcare career in the long term acute care environment, transitioning to home health and finally finding his passion in the field of Hospice. His focus is to offer continued support, education and guidance to his talented team of Hospice Care Consultants. Mark spends a great deal of time in the community with healthcare leaders and physicians, as well as participating in various events focused or raising awareness and funding for local charities. The DFW Compassus group Mark works with is focused on bringing the Hospice benefit to every person that needs it and vows to serve his community with Compassion, Integrity and Excellence.
Director Of Clinical Services
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Before serving as our medical director in Dallas, Kelley Newcomer, M.D., served as a full-time medical missionary at Hospital Evangelico and Hospital Loma de Luz in Honduras. She returned to Dallas from the mission field to launch her private practice at Signature Point on the Lake. Dr. Newcomer also provides care in group homes and assisted living homes throughout the Dallas area. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Care.
Education and training
- Medical Degree: University of Texas Southwestern
- Residency: Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
Lucretia Lara receives national recognition for delivery of superior hospice care during National Nursing Assistants Week.
- Friday, June 15th, 2018
- North Dallas