Hospice is much more than nursing care at the end of life. Hospice care focuses on comfort care for the whole person, ensuring physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs are met.
Many believe hospice is expensive, only for the final hours of life or a place to go when there is no hope. None of these are true. Ultimately, hospice is not about dying. It is about helping people live as well as they can when life expectancy is limited.
- What is hospice?
- Paying for hospice
- Hospice eligibility
- Hospice referrals
- Where to begin
- Covered services
- Is it the right time for hospice?
- VA hospice benefit for veterans
- 10 hospice myths
- Hospice timeline
- Hospice and Alzheimer's disease
- Hospice and end-stage cancer
- Hospice vs palliative care
- What is comfort care?
- What is respite care?
- ¿Qué es el cuidado paliativo?