- Blue Ash, OH 4524211311 Cornell Park DriveSuite 200
We understand that choosing hospice can be a difficult decision. Our goal is to help you find hope, relief from pain and symptoms and compassionate support along each step of the hospice journey. Call us for a no-obligation consultation.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Spiritual care and support
- Volunteer services
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully funded Medicare benefit with no out-of-pocket expenses for care related to the hospice diagnosis. Hospice is also covered by many insurance plans.
Palliative Care is specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It is for any age and any stage of a serious illness. It can and should be provided together with curative treatment. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Palliative Care works with a patient and their family to determine goals of care based on the patient’s values and what is medically possible.
- The initial consultation and evaluation
- Compassus medical team plan of care based on your needs and goals
- Pain and symptom management by the experts on your team
- Support for the life stresses that surround serious illness
- Communication with your doctor
- Palliative care may be provided in addition to home health services
Consultative palliative care is covered by Medicare and most private insurance companies. Co-pays may apply.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Arvind Modawa, MD, is a board certified Geriatrician, a hospice and palliative medicine specialist and a family physician. He is the medical director for Compassus of Cincinnati and former Professor of Clinical Family and Community Medicine at the University of Cincinnati college of Medicine.
Dr. Modawal is currently working as a consultant in Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Medicine at West Chester Hospital and provides patient care in skilled nursing facilities, long-term care and assisted living facilities in the Cincinnati area. He is owner and president of his private practice group Arvind Modawal, MD, & Associates Inc., established in 2014.
Since 2009, he has been chosen by his peers to be on the list of ‘Best Doctors in America’ continuously for the last many years for both geriatric medicine and palliative care and hospice.
Dr. Modawal received graduate medical (MB;BS) and post graduate degrees in Internal (General) Medicine in India and subsequently did residency training in both Internal Medicine and Family Medicine (General Practice) in the United Kingdom. He completed two-year fellowship training in Geriatric Medicine at the University of Cincinnati academic health center in 1996.
Dr. Modawal has done research and maintained academic interest in falls and balance disorders, chronic complex disease management in the elderly, dementia care, geriatric assessments, poly-pharmacy medication management, palliative care, pain management, quality improvement and health informatics. He is active in patient care, education and administration.
Jeremy Bruce, M.D. specializes in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and practices in Cincinnati. He is board-certified in Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine and Internal Medicine.
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 2000
- Residency: University Hospital
- Fellowship: University Hospital