Primary Services:Hospice Care
At Compassus, our mission is serving terminally ill patients and their families with compassion, integrity, and excellence. We are committed to keeping the hospice promise by providing the greatest possible comfort and care for those experiencing one of life’s most challenging moments.
- 24/7 on-call nursing, chaplain and social services
- Bereavement counseling
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
- Home health aides
- Pain and symptom management
- We Honor Veterans; Level 4 certification
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer services
Associate Medical Director
Dr. McDowell specializes in Hospice & Palliative Medicine and practices in Macon, MO. He is board certified in Family Practice and Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine.
- Medical School: University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, 1991
- Residency: Truman Medical Center East
Jeanne Butts, hospice care consultant for the Compassus program serving Macon and the surrounding areas, was honored for her outstanding performance...
- Thursday, March 15th, 2018
MACON, Mo. – The Compassus hospice program serving Columbia, Jefferson City, Macon and Osage Beach was named Program of the Year at a recent awards ceremony...
- Wednesday, May 10th, 2017