Primary Services:Hospice Care
We understand that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with family, doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most challenging moments. We are CHAP accredited and partners with Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Medical social services
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer services
- Bereavement grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Loree has been the Executive Director for the four local Kansas City offices since June 2015. She received her Bachelors of Science degree from Kansas State University in Psychology in 2002 and her Masters in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix in 2006. She has been in the healthcare industry since 2003 and loves that she gets to bring the gift of hospice to so many. She is also a wife and mother of two beautiful daughters.
Managing Clinical Director
My name is Michelle Pegelow, Managing Clinical Director with Compassus. I have been a nurse for 18 years and have experience in many different areas of nursing. I have been a hospice nurse for 7 years and it is my passion. I am excited to be a part of such an amazing company and team and I hope you will let us take care of you and your loved ones.
I have been the health care field since 1998. I started out as a nurse aide then was certified as a nurse aide. In 1999, I became a certified medication technician. In 2009, I received my LPN from North Central Missouri College. I worked in a nursing home setting until 2014 when I started at Hospice Advantage as the Bereavement Coordinator and PRN LPN. I eventually became the Clinical team manager/Qapi nurse. When Compassus took over, I became the admission coordinator for the Kansas City cluster.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
- Dr. Smith specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Carrollton, MO.
- Medical School: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine