- 3044 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
- Branson, MO 65616 Directions
- 3044 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
Primary Services:Hospice Care
At Compassus, our mission is serving terminally ill patients and their families with compassion, integrity, and excellence. We are committed to keeping the hospice promise by delivering the highest quality end-of-life care.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Project HUGS program
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Medical social services
- Spiritual counseling
- Bereavement grief support
- Angel Team support for vigil care
- Community education programs
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Janet Gard is Executive Director for 2 business units with 4 Hospice locations in MO and 1 in KS. Janet has been an executive director with Community Hospices of America/Hospice Compassus since 1992. Janet graduated with BS Business from John Brown University Siloam Springs AR. She served on the task force that wrote “Guidelines for End of Life Care” which is now part of the MO DHSS standards of care for hospice patients in LTCF. Janet has been certified as an EPEC instructor, an EDNA instructor and has presented multiple 8 hour programs for the Missouri League of Nursing. She has conducted classes for (MALA) Missouri Assisted Living Association, (MHC) Missouri Health Care, (AMDA) American Medical Directors Association., (MHPCO) Missouri Hospice and Palliative Care Association and is frequently a guest speaker for colleges and university. She served 18 years as Board Member for Taney County Health Department, 3.5 years as Board Member for Western Taney County Fire Protection District, and was the Southern Governor for Missouri Association of Fire Protection District.
Debra Herndon, is Managing Clinical Director for 5 hospice locations in MO and KS. She is Graduate of the University of Arkansas. Debra has worked for Hospice Compassus since 2003. She has worked at Cox Health Systems, in clinical education for 20 years and has worked for St. Jude’s Research Hospital prior to hospice. She is the former nurse manager/ultrasound tech with Options Pregnancy Clinic in Branson, MO.
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Dr. James Lukavsky MD, graduated from the Creighton University School of Medicine in 1984 and is Board Certified in Family Medicine. He has his own private practice “Dr. Luke’s Family Medicine” located in Branson, MO. Dr. Lukavsky has served as a Medical Director for Hospice Compassus- Branson team since 1995.
Lisa Burns Receives National Recognition for Delivery of Superior Hospice Care during National Nursing Assistants Week.
- Friday, June 15th, 2018
he Compassus program serving Branson and the surrounding areas was recently named a 2018 Hospice Honors recipient by HEALTHCAREfirst, a provider of home...
- Monday, April 30th, 2018
The Compassus program serving Branson and the surrounding areas is proud to recognize Julie Jankowski and all hospice volunteers during National Volunteer Week.
- Thursday, April 12th, 2018
Marletta Hayes receives recognition for delivery of superior hospice care during National Nursing Assistants Week
- Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
BRANSON, Mo. – The Compassus hospice program serving Branson and Monett was ranked among the company’s top three programs at an awards ceremony during a...
- Thursday, June 15th, 2017