- Jefferson City, MO 65101600 Monroe StreetSuite 100
Boone, Cooper, Cole, Callaway (portion), Gasconade, Maries, Moniteau, Montgomery, Pettis (eastern portion), Phelps and Osage
If you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and we're here to help. Call us to learn how Medicare-approved comfort care offers peace and comfort to your family.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and other symptoms managed on your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Top-level status with We Honor Veterans
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Volunteer services and home health aides
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Care includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses. Call us at 573-556-3547 to talk about hospice or palliative care.
Palliative care helps people with a serious illness feel better; physically, emotionally and spiritually. It focuses on improving quality of life at any stage of an illness.
An example of care is precision pain management. Because people deal with pain differently, we listen to patients, family members and doctors to manage pain at the right level and the right time.
- Managing complex pain and other symptoms to your preferred level
- Medical support for shortness of breath
- Help with fatigue and sleep problems
- Managing constipation
- Managing nausea or loss of appetite
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Spiritual care and medical social services
Palliative care can begin as soon as someone is diagnosed with an illness. It does not signal that a person is giving up hope for recovery or a cure.
Director of Clinical Services
Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be part of a volunteer team helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
Enter your details below and a volunteer coordinator will send you information and an application.
Jerry Bruggeman, M.D., is the Medical Director for the Compassus program in Jefferson City and the Associate Medical Director in Columbia. He has been active in hospice care since 2008. He also serves as Medical Director for several long-term care facilities and has a growing long-term care and advanced senior care practice serving the Columbia area. Dr. Bruggeman is board certified in Family Medicine, as well as Hospice and Palliative Medicine. He is a Certified Medical Director by the American Medical Director’s Association.
- Bachelor’s degrees: Chemistry and Physics; University of Missouri-Columbia
- Medical degree and residency: University of Missouri School of Medicine, including a year as chief resident in Family and Community Medicine
- MBA: Health Management; William Woods University