- 1301 West Causeway Approach
- Mandeville, LA 70471 Directions
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We understand that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Medical social services
- Spiritual care and support
- Bereavement grief support
- Music therapy and pet therapy
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
- The New Orleans Program recognizes the unique needs of veterans with life-limiting illness. We recently received We Honor Veterans Level-3 certification.
Judy Bauer, Executive Director of the New Orleans Program oversees two hospice locations, Metairie and Mandeville. In January of 2016, she formed an additional service line, Community Based Palliative Care. Judy has served in this position since December 2014 and comes with 25 years of hospital based healthcare leadership. She is a graduate of Nicholls State Nursing Program with an advanced degree in Healthcare Leadership from the University of St. Francis. Her mission mimics the company’s mission of integrity, compassion, and excellence for every individual touched by the program.
Cheryl is a native of New Orleans and has worked throughout the New Orleans area in the healthcare field. She began her career in Hospice in 1996. Cheryl has been a member of the Compassus team since 2006. For the first year, she was a Hospice Care Consultant and for the past 9 years has held the role of Sales Director. Her focus is to support her HCC’s in the New Orleans/North Shore market to assure that patients, families and referral sources needs are met with Excellence, Integrity and Compassion. Her expertise is on education to assure that the benefits of Hospice are known throughout the communities we serve. Cheryl has a strong, personal passion for Hospice and believes that all patients that meet the criteria for Hospice deserves the best care and support that the Compassus team provides.
Director of Clinical Services
Hospice Care Consultant
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director- Hospice
Graduate of Saba University School of Medicine in Netherland Antilles, trained at Ochsner Medical Center, leading to her practice as a Leader of Family Medicine with the Ochsner Health Systems. Dr. Patel is Board certified in Family Medicine and also Hospice & Palliative Care. She currently leads the hospice team as Assistant Medical Director of the New Orleans Hospice Program, with direct oversight of the Northshore office located in Mandeville. Her expert knowledge and patient care experience; along with her compassionate and caring demeanor, provides the medical leadership to support the needs of our Northshore community.