Hospice offers peace and comfort to patients and their families by reducing the stress, pain and other symptoms of a serious illness. Hospice care includes medical, emotional, social and spiritual support.
Many believe hospice is only for the final days or hours of life. This is not true. Hospice is not about dying; it's about helping patients and their families live as well as they can when life expectancy is limited.
- What is hospice?
- Paying for hospice
- Hospice eligibility
- Hospice referrals
- Definition of hospice care: truths, realities and myths
- Covered services
- Is it the right time for hospice?
- Find the best hospice fit for your family
- 8 signs it may be time for hospice care
- VA hospice benefit for veterans
- 10 hospice myths
- Hospice care timeline
- Hospice and Alzheimer's disease
- Hospice and end-stage cancer
- Hospice for heart failure
- Hospice vs palliative care
- What is comfort care?
- What is respite care?
- ¿Qué es el cuidado paliativo?
Learn about finding the right care for your family.