Primary Services:Hospice Care
We understand that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family, doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed hospice decisions during one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Ancillary therapies provided for the relief of pain or other symptoms
- Angel Team support for vigil care
- Day-to-day medical care by RN Case Managers and Home Health Aides
- Light housekeeping
- Local call nurses
- Medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment
- Non-denominational Chaplain and spiritual services/counseling
- Pain and symptom management centered around patient and family goals
- Project HUGS program
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Trained Volunteers
- Bereavement grief support
- Pet therapy and music therapy
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections, specifically MRSA and vancomycin-resistant strains of S. aureus, and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003. Having a passion for health care, she began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She had the privilege of being on the front lines with physicians, focusing on the frailest of the elderly population and seeing them regain their independence by way of an injectable medication. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on the needs of her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and providing care for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012, rejoining the industry by way of medical equipment. Through this role she discovered hospice. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member, as through this experience, she discovered that her heart was truly with hospice. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help other families like hers experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Jody is certified with 15 years of hospice experience.
Carrie Long, LMSW, ACHP-SW, has 8 years social work experience, 6 years hospice experience, and is an Advanced Certified Hospice & Palliative Care Social Worker.
Roger Carlson has been a hospice chaplain for 5 years with 20 years of pastoral experience.
Deanna Ebert, CNA, CHPNA, has 5 years of service with Compassus and is certified in hospice and palliative care CNA.
Jennifer Ramirez, RN worked for several years for a local physician and is looking forward to service a new community of patients.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Carrier specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Galesburg, IL.
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2007