- 2205 E. Empire Street
- Bloomington, IL 61704 Directions
- 2205 E. Empire Street
Primary Services:Hospice Care
We know that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family members, your doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. We're here to help you with well-informed decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Pain and symptom management centered around patient and family goals
- Medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
- Respite (relief) care for family caregivers and support groups
- Continuous care when needed
- Non-denominational chaplain and spiritual care
- Pharmacy services
- Trained Volunteers
- Bereavement and grief support
Director Of Sales
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003.
She began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and caring for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help families experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Managing Clinical Director
Director of Clinical Services
Listening to a hospice patient's story or reading a passage of their favorite book can enrich the life of a hospice patient. Whether you volunteer behind the scenes at a local office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping others navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- If you're ready to serve, enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Ray specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Farmer City, IL. He is board certified in Family Practice.
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2005
- Residency: SwedishAmerican Hospital, 2009