- 2205 E. Empire Street
- Bloomington, IL 61704 Directions
- 2205 E. Empire Street
We understand that choosing hospice can be an emotional decision. Talk with your family members, doctors, and others you trust. If you have questions, call us or use the contact form on this page. Our goal is to help you make well-informed decisions during one of life’s most challenging moments.
Premier care is non-medical support as simple as friendly companionship for an elderly family member or help with everyday activities, such as grocery shopping. Learn more about Premier Care
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Physician-directed care
- Pain and symptom management centered around patient and family goals
- Assistance in-home with companionship and respite care
- Bereavement and grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living center or your personal residence
- Caregiver support groups
- Continuous care when needed
- Day-to-day medical care by RN case managers and home health aides
- Light housekeeping
- Medications, medical supplies, and medical equipment
- Non-denominational chaplain and spiritual care and support
- Pharmacy services
- Trained Volunteers
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections, specifically MRSA and vancomycin-resistant strains of S. aureus, and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003. Having a passion for health care, she began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She had the privilege of being on the front lines with physicians, focusing on the frailest of the elderly population and seeing them regain their independence by way of an injectable medication. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on the needs of her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and providing care for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012, rejoining the industry by way of medical equipment. Through this role she discovered hospice. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member, as through this experience, she discovered that her heart was truly with hospice. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help other families like hers experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Ray specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Farmer City, IL. He is board certified in Family Practice.
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2005
- Residency: SwedishAmerican Hospital, 2009