- Peru, IL 613544371 Venture DriveSuite 4373
Primary Services:Hospice Care
If you or someone you love has a serious illness, we know you're facing difficult decisions. Call us 24/7 or use the contact form on this page for answers, information or just to talk. We're here to help you with well-informed hospice decisions.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered around patient and family goals
- Personal physician, hospice medical director and RN coordinated care
- Spiritual care and support
- Family respite (relief) care and bereavement support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence
Sarah graduated from Mary Washington College with a BS in Biological Sciences and earned her MS in Biotechnology and Microbial Genetics from Illinois State University. Her key area of study for her Master’s Thesis was hospital-acquired infections, specifically MRSA and vancomycin-resistant strains of S. aureus, and her thesis work was published in FEMS Microbiology Letters in May 2003. Having a passion for health care, she began her professional career in pharmaceuticals in 2002 as a specialist in osteoporosis. She had the privilege of being on the front lines with physicians, focusing on the frailest of the elderly population and seeing them regain their independence by way of an injectable medication. She left pharmaceuticals in 2008 to focus on the needs of her family; raising two daughters, supporting her husband with their small business, and providing care for their special-needs dogs, but returned to health care in 2012, rejoining the industry by way of medical equipment. Through this role she discovered hospice. Sarah joined Compassus as the Director of Sales for Northwest Illinois in 2015 after witnessing the gift of hospice for a family member, as through this experience, she discovered that her heart was truly with hospice. Every day, she is blessed with the opportunity to help other families like hers experience the compassion and care with which Compassus serves.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Associate Medical Director
Dr. Ray specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Farmer City, IL. He is board certified in Family Practice.
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, 2005
- Residency: SwedishAmerican Hospital, 2009