- Los Angeles, CA 900343637 Motor AveSuite #360
Primary Services:Hospice Care
When you or someone you love has a life-limiting illness, we're here to listen and help. Call us to learn how hospice can offer peace and comfort to your family.
- Available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Medical equipment, medication and personal care supplies
- Pain and symptom control centered on your goals
- Care coordinated with your doctor
- Respite care (relief) for family caregivers
- Home health aides and volunteer services
- Medical social services
- Music therapy
- Spiritual care and support
- Ongoing grief support
- Care provided wherever you call home, whether it be a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or personal residence
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare benefit.
Coverage includes nurses, other caregivers, medicines, supplies and equipment, with no out-of-pocket expenses for the hospice diagnosis.
Listening to a patient's story or reading a passage from their favorite book can bring great comfort. Whether you serve behind the scenes at the office or one-on-with families, you'll be joining fellow volunteers who are helping families navigate life's closing chapters.
- Learn about volunteering requirements and training.
- Enter your information below and a volunteer coordinator will send you an application and information.
Dr. McDow specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Los Angeles, California. He is board certified in Internal Medicine.
Education and training
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
Gordon Glasgow, M.D., is the founding medical director for Hospice Care of California and medical director for numerous Orange County senior care companies. Dr. Glasgow specializes in post-acute care including facility-based geriatrics and hospice and palliative medicine.
Dr. Glasgow is recognized as a leader in geriatric care and is board certified in hospice and palliative medicine. He is also a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada. He has participated in extensive research and published in the American Journal of Cardiology. He recently received the Senior Care Hero Award for Outstanding Physician Specialist.
Education and training
- Medical School: University of Toronto
- Residency: McGill University, Montreal, Quebec
- Fellowship: University of California Irvine
The Compassus program serving Los Angeles and the surrounding areas recognizes Chaplain Paul Mayor during Pastoral Care Week, October 22-28, 2017, for...
- Wednesday, October 25th, 2017
- Los Angeles