Dealing with advanced heart failure can be a roller coaster of good days and bad days. Many people are living longer with congestive heart failure because new therapies can slow the progression of the disease. They also living longer with a wide range of symptoms, both physical and emotional.
At Compassus, we support your efforts to continue medical therapies. We know most families cherish their time together and don’t consider hospice because it feels like giving up.
Hospice care is not about giving up, it’s about managing symptoms and stresses so families can embrace every moment together.
How we care for those with end-stage heart failure
- Frequent consultations with your doctors to coordinated care
- Treatment to reduce symptoms including shortness of breath, pain, fatigue, fluid retention and hypertension
- Personalized care plan to reduce emergency room or hospital visits
- Oxygen, medicines and medical equipment related to the life-limiting illness
- Emotional and spiritual support for patients and their family
- Educations and respite (relief) care for family caregivers
- A hospice care team centered on your goals and wishes
Because of complexity of heart failure, end-of-life discussions can be delayed until very late in the course of the disease. Studies show that getting the right hospice care at the right time leads to better symptoms management and quality of life. See the hospice eligibility requirement for end-stage congestive heart failure.
Hospice care is provided wherever you call home, whether it’s in a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence.
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare/Medicaid benefit. Care includes caregivers, medications, supplies and equipment related to the hospice diagnosis, with no out-of-pocket expenses. Paying for hospice
Call us 24/7 at one of our locations for referrals, information or simply to talk to someone about care for those with end-stage heart failure.