Credibility comes from our own knowledge and experience; empathy comes from understanding another's experience and frame of reference.
We know that all Medicare-approved hospice providers offer essentially the same list of services. At Compassus, our training includes a focus on listening and working hard to understand the needs of health care providers, patients and patient families.
- Better hospice conversations
- Communication at times of transitions (PDF, 260 KB)
- How should clinicians describe hospice to patients and families? (PDF, 310 KB)
- Lack of concordance between physician and patient (PDF, 240 KB)
- Strategies for timely and effective hospice discussions (PDF, 960 KB)
- Examples of meaningful end-of-life conversations
Palliative Medicine Review: Prognostication (PDF, 230 KB)
Improving end-of-life outcomes in nursing homes (PDF, 230 KB)