The final stages of heart failure can be a roller coaster of good days and bad days. Many people are living longer with congestive heart failure. New therapies are often able to slow the progression of the disease.
At Compassus, we support your efforts to continue medical therapies. If you've exhausted your options and have started the hospice conversation, we're here to help you maintain the best quality of life, all the way to the very end.
Hospice is not about giving up, it’s about managing symptoms and stresses so families can embrace every moment they have together. Call one of our locations for referrals, information or simply to talk about options.
- Coordinating care with you and your doctor
- Continuation of treatments to reduce symptoms including shortness of breath, pain, fatigue, fluid retention and hypertension
- Reducing ER visits and hospital readmissions
- Medicines, oxygen and medical equipment related to the life-limiting illness
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Educations and respite care for family caregivers
- A hospice care team in tune with your physical and spiritual needs.
Hospice care is provided wherever you call home, whether it’s in a hospital, nursing home, assisted living or your personal residence.
Hospice is a fully covered Medicare/Medicaid benefit. Care includes caregivers, medications, supplies and equipment related to the hospice diagnosis, with no out-of-pocket expenses. Paying for hospice